Hengelo IRRC and BeNeCup races 2015-05-05 in 10 onliners
1. Everybody was looking forward to the season opener in the IRRC championship, because never before were there so many international riders competing…
2. In ssp, we saw the return of Laurent Hoffmann after his horror crash at the IOM TT from 2014… would it be possible to reclaim his tittle in 2015 was the big question… the answer is, he’s going to be one of the big contenders for sure!
3. Big surprise in SBK when team Herpigny with Sebastian le Grelle and Vincent Lonbois announced they were also going for the tittle in the IRRC championship and will compete the complete road racing season.
4. The bad streak at Hengelo continues for Timothy Baken… after last years no points weekend it happened again this year due to a big crash at the chicane in race 1. Timothy showed great pace during practice, so we are pretty confident he will be competing for podium finishes in his first SBK season.
5. We saw a great race in SSP with a big battle between reigning champion Joye Den Besten and Tsjech rider Marec Cerveny. In the end, a very strong performance from Marec with 2 victories in Hengelo and it will be interesting to see how he will perform on our Belgian tracks.
6. Bad luck this weekend for Enzo Momerency who broke his Kawasaki engine during practice and was unable to compete on Sunday.
7. Big perfomance by Johan Frederiks who managed to get the win in the wet race from Sebastian le Grelle. Sebastien managed double victory in the BeNeCup and race one in IRRC championship.
8. It was good to see IOM TT racer Alain De Munck ‘walking’ in the paddock after his crash in Croix with his brand new F1 sidecar. We hope to see you back on track soon!
9. Rainman Marty Debruyne took a well desirved 3rd place in the last SSP race under really wet conditions. Happy to see Marty on the podium!
10. Congrats to the Hamove crew for a flawless organisation (again). In Hengelo, one can always expect rain… even after a very sunny Saturday the last few races on Sunday were held in very wet conditions, but the atmosphere and general ambiance is always great at Hengelo! Thx to all of you!